Friday, June 18, 2010

I'll Be Seeing You

I am sharing two works in progress with you today.
Yes, I see them every time I uncover the quilts that have yet to be finished. I love both of these and hope to finish them soon.



I can't begin to remember when I started this one. All I'll say is it was a long time ago. It was while I was very busy teaching, raising a family and had other business obligations. I got it to this point and then had to put it away as I attended to other more pressing things.
When I hung it on the design wall to photograph I loved it every bit as much as I did when I pieced it. It's always good to have that reaction to something you've started.



This quilt started life as 1/2 scale samples to teach a technique I developed and I was using to teach the patchwork for a garment.
After I had finished the class I came up with this design to put the pieces together and add the black and white elements to finish it.
I am so drawn to this as I look at it again. Another work in progress I hope to finish soon.

I know I haven't had a puzzle each day but I'm trying to offer as many as possible. I hope you enjoy this one.
Click to Mix and Solve

No comments: