Sunday, June 27, 2010

Perfect Painted Patchwork Furniture

You don't have to be a quilter to fall in love with the patchwork furniture.


I'd love to have this dresser in my home.


If you have an old dresser with good lines and drawers that work you can paint it to give it a new life. I wouldn't want to do this with a valuable antique.



When I look at this dresser it makes me think the effect could also be achieved with wall paper or fabric. If I were to use either of those I would be sure to apply an appropriate sealer after I had covered it.



Even mirrors can be painted as an accent to coordinate with your decor.



I love this fun and funky mirror. I have several old mirrors and my mind is racing thinking about which one to paint. I have an old mirror with very cloudy glass. Since this would be more of a decorative accessory than a mirror to look in I think that would be very interesting.

If you don't have a mirror or piece of furniture to paint, look at flea markets, rummage and tag sales or ask your friends or family if they have any they'd like to get rid of. You could buy a new one in a home decorating or craft store.

The skies the limit when you create your own one of a kind piece of furniture or accessory.

5 comments:

Eva said...

Very pleasant! Probably takes a long time to finish such a piece. It is worth the bother. Stunning!

Featheronawire Sally Bramald said...

Surely it's not painted. Someone in England does this with fabric over the wood.

Allie said...

I'm in love with this furniture! I've decoupaged an ugly old filing cabinet, but this takes it to a whole new level - gorgeous!

1950 furniture said...

Cool design! When it comes to buying or modify your home or kitchen you always choose the appropriate set of furniture. Everything seems to color and to check whether it match your room or your kitchen, and check the size to match your room.

Julie Goucher said...

Really stunning and looks great!

I live in England and recall about 20 years ago seeing a craft stall that was covering old cigar boxes with material. From memory the glue had in parts come through the material and was patchy in places, but this has given me some inspiration.

Is that fabric glued on or is the design painted on?